Diabetes is a serious condition where your blood glucose level is too high. According to Diabetes UK, it can happen when your body doesn’t produce enough insulin, or when you can’t produce any at all.
Your diabetes will be managed by your GP/nursing team, in partnership with you. If you are on insulin, sometimes, your diabetes might be managed by the hospital.
You will have an annual review which will be split into two parts – both appointments being with a member of our nursing team.
Part 1 – At this appointment, we will:
• Discuss your general well-being and any symptoms you may be experiencing
• Check your blood pressure, height & weight
• Take bloods which will include checking your Hba1c
• Complete a diabetic foot check
• Discuss retinal screening needs
Part 2 – At this appointment:
• You and the practice nurse will look at your results and discuss your well-being together.
• You will create a personalized care plan.
• The nurse will also discuss other important aspects of your health.
This appointment can sometimes be done over the phone but is decided based on your individual needs.
More information about Diabetes can be found at Diabetes UK