Need help with a non-urgent medical or admin request? Contact us online.

Urgent Care

Help with an urgent medical problem

There are several ways to get help for a problem which can’t wait…

Check your symptoms

Our Health A-Z pages provide reliable information on many symptoms and conditions.

Urgent Care Service at the Practice

Our Urgent Care Service is provided by GPs and nurses from Chrisp Street Health Centre for problems which may require a same day assessment.

The doctor or nurse will ask about your condition over the phone and agree an appropriate plan – this may be…

  • advice
  • prescription issued over the phone
  • same day appointment at the surgery
  • hub appointment
  • routine appointment with your Own GP

For a call back from the Urgent Care team, please speak to reception 8:30am – 12:00 and 2pm – 5.30pm. Telling the receptionist a brief reason for the call back helps them provide you with the right sort of help at the right time.

Outside these times please submit an online request via accuRx, visit a local pharmacy or call 111 for advice.

Hub Appointments

Tower Hamlets Extended Hours Hubs offer extra GP and nurse appointments on weekday evenings and weekends. These appointments are held at various locations across the borough including:

Barkantine HubBarkantine Practice, 121 Westferry Road, London E14 8JH
Blithehale HubBlithehale Practice, 22 Dunbridge Street Bethnal Green, London E2 6JA
East One HubHealth East One, 14 Deancross Street, London E1 2QA
Harley Grove HubHarley Grove Medical Centre, 15 Harley Grove, London E3 2AT
Gough Walk HubNewby Place Health Centre (Gough Walk Practice), 21 Newby Place, Poplar, London E14 0EY
St Andrews HubSt Andrews Practice, 2 Hannaford Walk, London E3 3FF
Strouts Place HubStrouts Place Medical Centre, 3 Strouts Place, Pelter Street, London E2 7QU

Hub appointments are booked via reception at Chrisp Street Health Centre.

Dental Problems

GPs are not trained to treat dental problems. Please contact your own dentist.
Find a local dentist on our Find Services in Your Area page.
Call 111 for emergency dental problems if you are not registered with a dentist.